RE: PF Exhibits on June 19, 04

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 19 JUN
> 04. Authors
> with work now on display at
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:
>
>                Gregory david Stempel - Lighthouse

Its a lovely image.  The bird is a bit big in the frame but I like the sky.
Nice composite image and thanks for telling us.

>                Bob Talbot - Allium

Another flower image.  God made that image we only copy...

>                Darryl Gage - Iris

Another heaven sent photo opportunity.  Nice image might do for one image in
an LRPS entry but a bit dark.

>                D.L. Shipman - Yellow tails redux...

Ooo! A fish! Well! And in an aquarium.  Technically OK.

>                jIMMY Harris -

Looks like you were a bit close.  Those horns look like they could do
serious damage.  Bit unsettling as a photo, makes me feel a bit jumpy.  Keep
your nerve!

>                Per Ofverbeck - Copenhagen

I really like this shot, you seem to have captured the spirit of Copenhagen,
with its bicycles and reddish walls.  A really nice picture.

>                Marilyn Dalrymple - What Value, Life?

Its a cat's life!  What a lovely story.  It is shameful for people to have
pets then abandon them.  We had our two cats until they died of old age and
we really loved them.  Next doors were the same.  Pets do keep you from
going out for a few days as they need looking after and when the neighbours
moved away we found we could not easily go on holiday.  One cat sanctury
where we were to park our pet, well the owner suddenly died, and the cat was
eventually looked after by another neighbour.  Not everyone likes pets but
they must have been important in human evolution.  For thousands of years.

>                Bob Walion -

It looks like she's in a cage - might be better without the figure.  She
looks as if she is undressing and perhaps the rest of the shots were -
well - different.

>                Christopher Strevens - Come on!

Its difficult to obtain a grainy image these days, and with a digital camera
there is no grain at all.  A bit of noise perhaps.  So this is a test of a
technique for adding grain to a digital colour shot.

>                Rubin F. Diehl - Two Models

Except the girls are not nude and the position of her bikini top are clearly
visible in the shadow in the sun tan.  Actually you can be really
imaginative with body images from sun tan by painting sun screen on your
pure white body and sitting in the sun for a while then washing of the oil.
Result: a really interesting nude body.  Its not a bad shot and the girls
are quite relaxed.  (I assume the model to the rear is also female)

I've never seen a really good nude image of a girl except one by Helmet
Newton of a completely nude lady giving a frontal view with her hands over
her bottom.  I took a few like that at college but without the hands in that
position.  But I got a bit personally involved as is likely to happen.
Nothing permanent though.

Then the British Executioner came and she was shot as a traitor.  Rough
justice!

Chris
http://www.chrisspages.co.uk