Re: PF Exhibits on June 19, 04 "God made that image ..."

> >                Bob Talbot - Allium
> Another flower image.
Fait point, a bit like a reviewer saying "another image where someone
id b*gg*ring around with PS filters  ..."

>God made that image we only copy...
Mmmm ... what exactly is meant from that / can be learned from that?
Meant, I can only guess.
Maybe the suggestion that it's just another straight record of
something seen while wandering around the world?  No creativeness,
just craft and a camera?

I'm intrigued though in two respects: what it tells me about the
reviewer and what is says about the world?

Every image I take is indeed "something god made".  That is, it looks
good through the viewfinder (during depth of field preview) so I take
a record of it.  Sure, the allium shot in this week's gallery is not
visible to the naked eye, only to a camera (you cannot focus that
close and/or get that wide an aperture with the unaided eye) but still
it's a record of god's world.
All I can do as a photographer is choose which bit's of God's world to
record, and how to present them ;o)

About the reviewer?
Well, I guess he doesn't like flower shots ;o)

Bob

PS:  I took a couple of shots blind last week of Venus.  I didn't
actually look through the viewfinder for obvious reasons.  All I did
was focus and point the camera (and choose exposure, shutter speed,
film and aperture ... oh, and lens).