Re: Gallery of 2004-06-05 Copyright issues

At 12:06 PM 6/14/2004 +0100, you wrote:
<<<An interesting story. Some of the particulars seem a little odd. I couldn't
s*ght any mention in Google. >>>

I can find absolutely no trace of this story. I even looked on an Urban
Legend page to see if it was there.

Bob

The story is a fantasy.

The TV station KUTV is in Utah and is owned by CBS, not in California nor owned by Rupert Murdock.

The 82 million settlement is ridiculous as is the photographer not being allowed to settle out of court for a lessor amount.

The name of the photographer not being "released" is bogus because the legal action would be a matter of public record.

The amount of 82 million dollars awarded in a tort case involving a copyright dispute would have been newsworthy world wide.

The story as posted to this list makes a good read and should give any photographer a warm and fuzzy feeling... for about five minutes.

Dave
East Englewood
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
- Terry Pratchet