Re: Article

That unfortunate event proves that all media is finite.

But I could make backups of my films if I cared to invest the effort. Many have made copy negatives in the past.

Peace!
Sidney

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
Sidney Flack <sgflack@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Regarding back up, all I have to do with my films is mark them and
then store them in archival envelops.  No back up necessary.

Or possible. Hence the rather nice book of Jacques Lowe's photos of
the Kennedy family, which had significant portions reconstructed from
the contact sheets, since the negatives had been in a nice, safe, bank
vault for long-term storage; a vault under the World Trade Center.

I'd rather have the opportunity to make my images safer than that (not
that anybody will *care*, in my case).