Re:Article

Sidney,
       Some of what the author is quite true. Digital stuff does take more money to keep it going tp prevent loss of the images. Peoples do see it this way because it is cheaper to shoot digital at the beginning. But the old method also produced lost images like during D-day when the still film of Cappa was lost when the soldier carrying it was shot. There is a more sytemic problem of loss with digital data becasue people have assumed it will last once put on a CD etc..
I have never kept digital pictures on anything but hard drives ( except at the very beginning on 3.5 floppies wihich of course only held 1.4 MB of data.)
    I am constantly rebacking up my stuff on to three sets of  hard drives. It is a constant reoccurring small investment in time and an investment in money.
    However there is another option. For those special digital images you can back them up to film. For art competions I have made slides by copying art prints and now have it done from the file with a film recorder. Of course again it cost money but it has the same permanance as film since it is film.
Roy