Re: PF Exhibits on June 05, 04

ADavidhazy wrote:
> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 05 JUN 04.
> Authors with work now on display at
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:
>
>    Dan Mitchell - Up the Creek

Good composition - nice colors.

>    D.L. Shipman - Manasota Key 28MAY04

How long did you have to sit and wait for the sun to be where you want it?
You've done well.  Perhaps the sea was this dark, but the image would
improve if the water could be a bit lighter.

>    Richard Cooper - Rochester, NY 4-04

The stitching looks perfect (what software did you use?) and the view you
selected is magnificent!

>    WRGill - Pebble Beach California

I like the clouds you captured, but since it appears to be a generally sunny
day, why is the landscape so dark?

>    Greg Fraser - Assedo's Temptation

I really don't understand the caption - what is the temptation?

>    Rubin F. Diehl - Ticiana's Eye

I can appreciate the shallow focus, but why is the face so light compared to
the arms and chest?  Did you use a fill-flash?  Perhaps it was set too high.

>    Per Ofverbeck -

Nice little cottage or shed.  You may have clipped the shadows too much -
it's all black between the frontmost forest leaves.

>    jIMMY Harris - New Moon conjunct Venus

I like this one - are you going to catch Venus again tomorrow, when it
crosses the Sun?

>    Darryl Gage - Alicia

Nice image - like Edward Weston's nudes?

>    John Mason - Why You Should Always Use Kodachrome For Your Family

And had it been negative film, it would not have been as "crisp and clean"?
I think it would.

>    Photos Emily L. Ferguson - slide guitar

It's nice, but I would have preferred it if you had raised the camera up a
little bit higher, to see some more of the top of the guitar.

>    Christopher Strevens - Sarah at 21

You had a beautiful Grandma, and you've done a good job in restoring the
photo.  Did you consult Katrin Eismann's book for it, or did it on your own?

All in all, a very good gallery this month.

Maris