Re: Re: Where is the original? Was: RE: Value of the Original; Guidelines for  pricing

<<<
I've got fairly badly faded chromogenic materials from 30 years ago,
stored simililarly to what you describe.

Lucky that Kodak (?) didn't claim they had "100-y" archival quality at the time then ;o)

Actually it's a non-issue, or would be had Epson et al not come up with such ludicrous hyperbole in the first place.   Why did they?   Marketing, I guess to counter the apparent weakness against current chromogenic materials.  OK, they published the results of some tests - chosen selectively I don't doubt from hundreds of other tests - that proved their prints would last for ever.  [note, it wasn't just the 1270].

Magical thinking comes to mind - if you want them to last badly enough then they will.

Trouble is "tests" can only ever predict - add a few variables the testers hadn't thought relevant ...

But I wouldn't be without my inkjet: I don't care if my prints last 20y let alone 100.  I'll be long gone ;o)

bob

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/