Review PF Exhibits 30th May 2004

OK it's very late but I wanted to comment on two images from last week.

Jim's picture of the bird singing was about as good as it gets for a bird
portrait.  Lovely background, good use of space in the frame and the "open
beak" adding a dimension that would be missing otherwise.

Rich's silos:
Another really good image.  Joint favourite among some great pictures

Yes, it breaks the rules of not having the horizon dead central: indeed
it's a proper "bull's eye" shot because the one silo with it's door and
roof-hatch (?) open is also central.  But it works.  However, I wonder if
part of why it works is because of the rule it breaks -  that is if we were
only shown bull's eye framing would it stand out so???

It's simple nevertheless, a square crop sets it aside from a snap anyhow.
 It's got beautiful saturation and, err, the horizon is level ...

... which brings me on to this week's gallery.  COME ON GUYS.
Water should be level!!!!!!!!!!
Horizons should be level!!!!!
It's not creative, it's careless.

Bob