The long awaited (by me!) gallery review

A rare break from my habit of procastinating gallery
reviews. With all respect:

jIMMY Harris - '51 Studebaker PickUp Truck
Very good POV! The window as a frame makes an
interesting composition (an odd square). The colors
are very nice and pleasant to the eye. I guess the
photo tells everythig there's to about the interiors.
I always wonder how to make an original shot of a car,
a subject most exploited, and here it is.

Jim Snarski - Interrupted Journey
An interesting arrangement of interesting forms of
nature. The unusual visual scale for seeds invites
imagination or comparision with the familiar, as well
as the white lines give motion to an otherwise static
scene, resulting in an interesting photo. I am sure
some people will be reminded of fireworks.

Andre Klaassen - Leaving the storm
I wonder is this is a meaningful landscape or just a
"window seat" photo... (ie "fine arts" versus "tourist
snapshot") How would you present it= I like the strong
blue and the arrangement of the clouds. The sky is
alive. The wing is very discreete, after all (I guess
because the strong blue area above) and it provides
balance in color and form.

Peeter Vissak - Caption: Betula amphiba
I think I can perceive a somewhat zany, yet profound
meaning in the "Details are too wet", provided as
aditional information - I believe these details help
put the photo in a very personal context, which I find
very fortunate. I don't know how it was shot, but I
like it a lot for it is monochromatic and the bubbles
make a strong conceptual point against the slightly
blurrier background of leaves. I find this
hallucinating and anguish for fear of drowning yet it
is peaceful and relaxing at the same time, perhaps in
a sense of giving away to destiny...

Dan Mitchell - Pastorale
I like the landscape, the colors, the tree and the
brown dirt with strong lines, but honestly, the
machine bothers me a lot. I can't make it if there's
someone operating it or not, so I guess I am lost as
to the purpose of the photo (not that I would question
your purpose, but for lack of a better option, I am
trying to figure out if there is a sense that I cannot
perceive). If there was people, it would be about
people working on the field... If there was no
machine, it would be a nice landscape. Perhaps it is
just a compultive shot, like so many I do myself!

John Mason, Jr. - Carl Roskott, Charlottesville and
University Symphony Orchestra, 2004
An good portrayal of a sublime moment - a director
inspired at the peak moment of a musical performance.
I think the hands are most important here. Director
use them to "talk", or express themselves before his
musicians, so it would be best if they were perfectly
sharp, just like the face (or the eyes in a common
portrait, for that matter). I would object the
cropping so the head bellow and the instrument (?)
should be left out. There's nothing wrong with
cropping - specially if the client never asks!

Jeff Spirer - Night Moves
I must confess that I admire Jeff's self-determination
as a photographer (and surely, the fact that I'd like
to have made some of his photos myself), so I am
somewhat shy of making a comment, but heck: As
expected, this photo speaks of a way of life. a person
is clearly seen, dressed a bit uncomfortably, as what
seems like a night entertainer at a hard-lit
environment - a bar? Some patrons are rather
uninterested in her outfit. Life is hard, thights
barely fit, stay awake until late and watch your
"line". Life goes on, and you go with it, whatever
your motivations.

Trevor Cunningham - Green Hoofprint
I wish I had some sense of scale here. I am affraid I
am more attracted to the color/texture that is lef out
bellow than the rest of the photo. I am sorry to admit
that I cannot figure out anything, at least the
Tequila is not helping much (I have always been a rum
guy, that must be why)...

D.L. Shipman - Great Egrets, St Augustine, 2002
I will never know what do these birds do, but I like
their elegance and am awed at their appearance of
fragility. The balance of forms is very and the round
movement of their necks provides for a nice "play" of
shape and tones.

Alberto Tirado - Beso en la Calle 7
What, this is a MASTERPIECE... This guy should be paid
a grant, or something. Really, I have some ideas, but
that wouldn't be a "review", so if there's enough
interest...

Jim Davis - Lambert Poses Near Sunset
I call my son Lambert (not his real name), and my dog
is Laura. I like the soft colors in the scene, but I
guess I'd like a bit more contrast in the "ground"
part. I think this photo invites a smile, but those
vertical thingies upper right... I hope you're not
into this UFO thing!  ;-)

Emily L. Ferguson - My first rainbow
Rainbows are poetic. Also open landscapes, and so is
your story in the details provided. I like the strong
division of earth and sky, and I like that particular
tone of green, but I don't really like the color
*combination*. I know it't now your fault (!), but I'd
like to stress the importance of both patiente and
persistence.

Disclaimer: My fingers seem to have some independence
(perhaps some sort of dyslexia?), so my apologies for
typos.

=====