Sigma 24/28 was: Nikon 18-35 mm and Sigma 18-35 mm

The 24/2.8 Sigma is a fantastic lens; very little distortion, light, fast, great colours, only some light falloff wide-open. I love the ability to close-focus (2 inches I think), and for that reason alone I use it a lot more than the 20-35 Tokina.

The Sigma may not have the Nikon brand-name, but it delivers very well for a fraction of the price. I bought thinking that I was not happy with it, I could always go and buy the 'full-price' Nikon lens, but no reason to...

The things that bug me about the 20-35/3.5-4.5 and other similiar variable aperture lenses is the lack of speed and close focus ability... esp. the close-focus... BTW, does the Sigma 12-24 work with film cameras also? or is it a digital thing only?

Deen