Re: pinholes

From: "David Dyer-Bennet"

> Cool idea.  A bit crowded; I wish that the red/green/blue curves were
> in their own color, to make them easier to distinguish.

ah, that'll happen in the beta version :-)

> When I go from 50mm on the left axis horizontally right until I hit
> the blue curve, the intersection seems to me to be above about 550 on
> the f-stop scale.  So am I misunderstanding the instructions, or the
> graph?

no, you're right - as usual my hurriedly typed, saved-16-times-before-I
find-the-message-again text was wrong <slaps forehead>, to compound the
problem I was actually referring to a hand drawn graph when I penned this,
and not only was I looking at the wrong focal length but also the wrong
curve (because I drew the red curve in blue ink - go figure!)

nice spot David !  I'll amend my notes immediately.  Funny thing - on the
reverse of the graph I have the example set out perfectly..

> I've done a tiny bit of pinhole photography with my Fuji S2.  It's not
> actually auto-exposure, but having immediate feedback on the LCD (with
> histogram display!) is nearly as good, better in some ways.

How do the results compare to film based pinhole work?

> I could put the pinhole body cap on my PB4 bellows, mount that on my
> S2, and have a zoom digital pinhole system.  What I *actually* hope to
> get to some day is putting a pinhole in a lensboard on the 4x5.  Also
> zoom, but much bigger negative area.  I want sharpness out of my
> pinhole, so I need the big negative.

true.  good luck, and thanks again for the correction :-)