Re: PF Exhibits on 04-10-04

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:26:27 -0400 (EDT)
ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 10 APR. 04. Authors
> with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

Thanks for keeping this going. I'm sure I'm one of many who find it
interesting to look through the gallery, without (usually) having
anything to say.

>                Bob Talbot - Oxalis

This caught my eye, as a rather beautiful composition. It's not
difficult to make flowers just "beautiful", but not so easy to make them
draw the eye. Still don't like black backgrounds, though: this one looks
awfully as though it replaces the "real" background. I poked around with
a lum-sat-hue separation, and there are very odd-looking edges to the
flower. Of course, once you black the background, endless fun can be had
changing Nature's handiwork - here's one go:

http://imaginatorium.org/private/talbot.jpg

>                Dan Mitchell - King's Lynn

Again, I like the "In-yer-face" bridgeness of it all. The way the right
half is neatly bisected should poke the noses of the Thirds Brigade, and
the whole effect is somehow reminiscent of Mondrian, or that Spirer with
the woman walking uphill, with four different colours of plaster.

Brian Chandler
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/
imaginatorium@xxxxxxxxxxxxx