Re: JPEG vs GIF vs PNG

> What PowerPoint does to your jpegs is a matter between you and
Microsoft,
> but neither GIF nor PNG is (in general) suitable for photographs at
all.

Brian

Well said!

Since we "upgraded" at work the latest version of Office does a ruddy
awful job at previewing jpegs.   I suspect it is a crappy resampling
regime rather than an inherent loss of quality.

Jerry

Are the images that appear crappy in PowerPoint being displayed at
anything other than their native pixel resolution? [hope I don't have
to explain that].  If so I suspect it's M$'s resampling rather than
the images themselves.

If you want to avoid "generational losses" (inherent in saving and
resaving jpegs) the most appropriate format in a Microshaft
environment is *.BMP which for some reason M$ supports fully ....

Bob