RE: Autobiographical Images

John,

Who would deny that most activities have a subconscious component?  An autobiography might ought to include subconscious meanderings to be complete.  The boxed busts certainly must have been a not-to-subtle reminder of your own history.  I can't imagine that particular fact lying much below the surface.

One might divide artists into those who find everything they need in their head and those who need to look elsewhere.   Of the first type,  my pet theory is that when we become aware of the subconscious we form new memory paths in the mind.  They become worn with use and conflate with legitimate memories.  Artists learn to follow and even further erode these paths.  I suppose that is a good thing for art.

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING
http://www.panoramacamera.us