RE: Autobiographical Images

Lookaround360:

The boxed busts certainly must have been a not-to-subtle reminder of your own history. I can't >imagine that particular fact lying much below the surface.

Of course you can't imagine it, because you weren't there, and you weren't in my head. As I said, the connection between the "boxed busts" and my history did not occur to me as I was shooting because I wasn't thinking about the past, I was concentrating on lighting, composition, etc.

There isn't any subtlety to the scene once its significance is revealed.