Re: Advice on digital camera

Hello dear Klas,

I have the Canon G3 for almost a year now, and I can say, with great
experience ha ha ;-) I did test almost all options on it, and I have to say
that G3 is very good for close-up and macro, but more efficient with the
extra macro lens.
It range for Fstops is 2.2 up to 8.

For the portrait it is good also, but you always need more and more light.
It has several focusing and great white balance.
it optical zoom is 4 x and it gaves very sharp photos, when you go to 14x
digital zoom, you need more light for sharpeness.

Its Flash built in is very special, and have a great range of capacity. and
you can reduce it ;-) I am satisfied with it.
I am quite satisfied with it, but would like to buy a new camera the Canon
D60.
I have a friend who has the G5, and her photographs are brillant by daylight
;-) great macros and even landscapes. For that I think that it is better to
buy G5.
I think that G3 has some problems regarding the distance, when you are
shooting some subject faraway, it is often blurry or not so sharp as it
intend to be usualy.
In one word, the G3 is a very good camera for that price. I am quite
satisfied with it, but would improve my camera if I had more money.
But for 500$ this one, G3, seems perfect ;-)
Best regards,
Biliana

PS. I think that for this price the Nikon Coolpix 5700 is brillant, but I
prefer Canon
and I have seen great photographs with Olympus C 5050