Sunset Shooting with Tungsten

Jim Davis Nature Photography wrote:

Jim Davis - Reed Bunting
I know nature wishes this way, but in strict photographic terms shouldn't be more seperation between the bird and the background? maybe if there was some green on the left too? colors are sweet and warm though.

In a couple of months, nature will give me that green for separation. Meanwhile I'm making the most of winter's colours.

I know you can't do this because you shoot digital, but shooting a bright yellow sunset with tungsten film puts the balance back into an image like this without losing its soft warm feel.

Shawna,
http://lightwriting.net