Re: Sunset Shooting with Tungsten

Shawna Hanel <shawna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>> In a couple of months, nature will give me that green for separation.
>> Meanwhile I'm making the most of winter's colours.
>
>I know you can't do this because you shoot digital, but shooting a
>bright yellow sunset with tungsten film puts the balance back into an
>image like this without losing its soft warm feel.

I'm not sure how to respond to this except to say:"phooey". I can do
more than that with a digital image. I chose to keep this scene the
way I saw it in camera. No trickery needed, no change in balance
wanted.

The balance is not off, so it can't be put back :-)

I somehow doubt that if you did what you just said with film, that
you'd get a nice warm soft feel. If so, kindly prove it.

--
Jim Davis
Nature Photography