Re: Life

Chris,

We ALL have our personal crosses to bear. I certainly have more than I care
to think about. At times, they become almost overwhelming. My work is
interesting and I enjoy it most of the time. I enjoy trying to keep up and
learning new things. It usually pays the bills.

But for me, my job is not enough. What works for me may not work for you,
but I can't let my life be defined by my job. I have seen people retire and
deteriorate rapidly because they have no life beyond their job.

I am VERY good at what I do, but it is still the job. I need more. Just like
you, I have questions I seek answers to, so I am trying to continually learn
more about many things. LEARNING is my personal key. My daddy, getting on in
years and no longer able to see well, surprised me greatly when he said the
same thing to me last year. His eyes are not what they used to be, but his
mind is sharp and he is constantly trying to learn new things.

I would love to be an educator, but I don't have the credentials. But lack
of credentials does not mean that I can't learn more. So I do, constantly.
The universe is vast and unknown. I try to find out as much as I can and to
seek my own answers. I am probably going to take a philosophy course next
semester to restructure my mind out of a scientific problem-solving mode
into a more universal problem-solving mode. I may not be solve everything,
but I can try to understand.

I envy you for your opportunity to talk to learned minds. I read, I search
the I'net for specific answers, I take classes via the I'net, but I have no
one to talk to. My quests are personal. My thoughts are more universal, but
no one around me really cares about what I learn. There is no one to discuss
where my mind is or where it wants to go. But I still try to go, to expand,
to learn.

You have academics you can talk to, to query about your thoughts, to ask for
help in your quests for learning and understanding. I do not have the
opportunities.  We all live in our own personal hells. But your life has
ladders leading upwards that I wish I had in mine.

pax

rand