Re: Life

Good morning,

An excellent line of thought as we come out of winter,
prepare for spring and be more aware of optimism.

I am 39 and have not found a career that provides
enough money for the effort and stress. Recently I
have been inspired to find three part time jobs with
shifting time schedules and responsibilities instead
of burying myself emotionally and creatively in one
full time job.

I agree with other comments that one must make his or
her own happiness and one cannot blame past events or
other people for the 'bad' things that happen.

I have tremendous faith that I am on a path and that
as long as I leave myself open to the opportunities
then I will be rewarded in ways that I am not aware.

Four years ago I was fired from my highest paying job
to date that I had only worked at for a year. I was
looking for a job for 8 months before I was hired into
my current position. I am making 30% less (not
including the part-time work) but I have been rewarded
with: teaching intro to photography at a liberal arts
college which pushed me to start producing art again
which led to my first gallery show since my MFA show
in 1991. I also bought a Mac and dove into digital
imaging. My current passion for life has come out of
this path.

I am unhappy because I am not challenged enough
creatively in the full time position. I want to
contribute to the successes of every group to which I
am a member. If I work 3 part time jobs with shifting
responsibilities I can strive to replace my weakest
job without shaking up my whole life.

Even though I would feel trapped in a large
corporation I sometimes envy my friends who have been
with one for 20 years but change jobs, and their
challenges, every couple of years.

I am better for where I am and what lays ahead. I am
optimistic even though I do not know exactly where I
am going.

I am looking to take a creative retreat this summer
and look for new opportunities to expand my interests
and passions.

Thank you for this thread at the perfect time of year,

Jeff

=====
Jeff McSweeney
Photographer