Re: Life

Hello Chris,

I wanted, when I was young, to spend my life in scientific research and
studies.  And I got to do that. Earned a Ph.D and entered into a world of
true scientific research.

An academician (unless having huge alliances with industry) is not usually
offered a lot of money. There is a certain freedom though to probe the
science further as one wishes (as long as Boss has enough grant money).

Even with entering the scientific life as I always wanted, I have come to
think that it is not as nobel or pure way of life as outsiders thinks. Even
after ok publication record, I am not very satisfied, I feel cheated out of
my life, because there are no more avenues to expand my knowledge as well as
have sufficiant money to live life the way I always wanted to (no money to
buy, say, 600mm IS version?)

Its been hell because of science....!!!!

I am trying to be free by trying to exel in other fields, like photography.

Achal
PS: some of the lines were cut/pasted from Chris' mail because they needed
to be there. :)