Re: PF Exhibits on 01-24-04

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

Shawna Hanel - Spoon
Love it. Great composition, nice sharpness, neat sculpting of the spoon by the skylight.

Muchas gracias Emily :-)

I recently read a pretty unsettling article about plastic in the Pacific Ocean. Researchers have estimated that an area "roughly the size of Texas" is nearly covered with floating plastic debris. A very disturbing photo accompanied the article. In it, one can see the remains of an albatross. It's entire rib cage is filled with probably a score of ingested bottle caps and wrappers. I used to make sure all my garbage made it into rubbish bins. Now, I pick up other people's too. Natural History Magazine published their November feature "Trashed" online at:

http://www.naturalhistorymag.com/

Take Care,
Shawna
http://lightwriting.net