Re: photoshop CS?

I have CS, and like it a lot. I upgraded from Elements 2, so I cannot compare to PS 7 directly. CS is a HUGE improvement over Elements: curves, channels, full colour management, and the ability to make actions.

One thing that is NOT nearly good enough is the File Browser. It is extremely sluggish. I have a brand new Mac G5 with 2.5 GB of Ram (assigned 2 GB to PS, the maximum that PS can handle), and made a dedicated PS scratch partition at the bottom of a second internal drive, so it cannot possibly be insufficient hardware. Nothing else is sluggish about PS CS, however; every once in a while I handle 120 MB scans from old 4X5 negs, and that´s no problem.

I would certainly recommend the upgrade to anybody who can justify the cost, and who knows (or is willing to learn) how to use it. Only, don´t count on the File Browser to really review lots of images; personally I use iView Media Pro for that.

Good luck!

Per