Re: Kodak pro film

andrew fildes wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys but it seemed to shift into the 'Kodak are God/Spawn of Satan' debate rather fast. While I'm prepared to believe that Kodak are lovely folk with fine intentions, I was was more concerned with the realities of the market than the company line ....

Andy,
I believe the discussion has reflected the market realities. Film is not dead and digital is not going away. Any school that teaches photography owes it to its students to show them how to use both to best capabilities of each. It's no different than A. Adams testing to oblivion every film, paper, chemistry combination at his disposal. He want to find the best means for his creative expression. He also looked forward to the capabilities of digital 20 years ago. Whether it is for their own artistic expression or some cumbersome A.D.'s, your cousin's students need to know how to use both traditional and digital mediums of photography.

Peace!
Sidney