Re: Thoughts about PF List Exhibits 01-03-04

Rand thanks for your kind words, although Hieronymous is probably rolling
over in his grave.   As you surmised what you are looking at is a large
fungal mass.  Although it's difficult to see at this resolution, there are
several long legged insects which are apparently making their home in the
chambers of this fungus.  I saw this while walking through the Patuxent
Wildlife Research Center here in Maryland.  Not being a mycologist I have no
idea what family to which this particular fungus belongs.  Anyway, I saw
somewhat of a connection between it and Heironymous Bosch's visions of hell.
Basically all I did was crop and adjust the contrast.

Scott