Re: Thoughts about PF List Exhibits 01-03-04

Rand had written:

> Scott Thurmond - "Hell, Half Eaten"
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/thurmond.html
> I like this photograph a lot.

Yes, this was a fantastic shot.
It was not about fungus and Bosh sure came to mind before even reading
it was supposed to.

> D.L. Shipman - "Anhinga"
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/shipman.html
> This is an extremely well-executed photograph.

This was a really class image.
It's not just another text-book image but something different.
Does it make it art?  Don't know, but it's hard to see how it could
have been bettered.

Dalrymple - "Fan Handle"
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/dalrymple.html
> Was this not presented about two years ago? I commented on it then.
I liked
> it a lot at that time. I still do.

Don't know if this was in the gallery before or if I saw it on
Marilyn's site but it reamins for me one of her best images.  Did she
have the base of the shadow on the negative?

> Bob Talbot - "Looking Bushed"
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/talbot.html
>
> Is that Her Majesty, the Queen? She is a very stately woman,
impeccably
> dressed. She is lit apparently by fill-flash. How did you get close
enough
> to get this photograph, Bob? I am impressed.

Well, I'm not a Monarchist but Mom and Pop are ;o)
The queen was opening a new education centre and, as a member, I got
two guest tickets.

Bush had just left that morning and she was due at 14:00 hours (still
some daylight).  Sadly her visit was rescheduled (the Queen can never
be late) till 15:30 by which time darkness was drawing in.
Camera-wise with ISO 100 50mm F1.4 lens wide open exposure was ca 1/20
sec.  Fill-flash inevitable to get anything but DOF so low at f1.4.
How I wish I'd had the D10 and "dial-in-ISO" ;o).

Getting so close?
Well, we are British remember.

Bob