Re: Help - Ilford HP5 & Agfa Rodinal 1+25

hi guys, se below and sorry for the sniping

>Pini Vollach wrote:
>> In the developer paper it say 8 min. to this combo in 20C
>> In the HP5 internet PDF it says 6 min.
>>
>> What is right ?
>
>The time that is right for your water source.  Pini, see if there is a
>publication date on either piece of literature.  The one that is the
>latest may reflect a change in the chemistry of either the developer or
>the emulsion.  If it does that may be the better starting point for your
>tests.

well i had the soem experiences with both the rodinals and the box literature...I do not trust it anymore. and i had good luck with the digitaltruth site info.

>The directions with any film/developer combination are always suggested
>starting points and never definitive answers.  The chemistry is never
>completely mixed until it's in your water, the temperature determined by
>your thermometer, and the film has been exposed in your camera.  Once
>you've got all of those together then you can begin to determine what is
>your normal developing time.

true sidney, but a 100% difference in delta 400 dev times?
i quit making any comparisons between the Agfa paperwork regarding other firms films...i want to keep my sanity

you see,
i am currently researching dev times for APX200S. On the box it says that dev times have changed, ergo the film chemistry. i have contacted agfa germany, and received info on the proper dev times for both the rodinals (initial suggested developer was refinal)...then i noticed a typo in the downloadable APX200S pdf sheet (dev time is different in the english text, and correct in the german equivalent)!!!!!!!!!!
i am expecting a reply for them, and in the meantime i send all info i had to digitaltruth, where i got a response that Agfa dev suggested times are considered a bit long form other contributors.

the search is going on and if you wish i will keep you posted.

hard to believe germans proved to be so negligent?

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Äåí Ý÷åôå web site; ÁðïêôÞóôå ôï ôþñá êáé ðÜñôå äþñï ôï domain óáò!