Re: Over-exposed BW negatives (dumb question)

At 04:06 AM 12/30/03 -0800, you wrote:

Pablo,
Use multi-grade paper and a green filter (wratten No. 61 or plain ol' cellophane) for bullet-proof negs. Over or under exposed - if you can see it you can print it.

AZ

Pablo.............

Any overexposure will yield "white"contact prints.........WHAT DO THE NEGS LOOK LIKE ? Can you see ANY image ?

Time is on your side in the darkroom......Don't be afraid of Long Enlarger Exposures......

Using your favorite paper and developer I recommend f/5.6 @ "a cup of coffee and a cigarette"..............

If you can "see" it you can print it.............doug

Pablo Coronel <pcorone@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
Hi all,
this is dumb thing but it happened.....
This Xmas, after my wife and I had lunch (and a few glasses of wine) I ran
out of color film, so I stuck a roll of Ilford HP5 in my camera and
starting shooting away.
Due to the wine effects some of my shots came over exposed... 2 to 3 EVs
(guesstimate) and they look almost as white squares in the contact print.

Do you Yahoo!?
<http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree>Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.