Re: copyrights for images used in collages?

At 06:57 AM 12/22/03 -0800, you wrote:
Does anyone know what the rules are for using the images of other
artists/photographers in collages and assemblages?

Just curious - but seriously curious.   I'm working on projects that include
collages/assemblages right now.  So far I've used my own images, but I'd
like to have more to choose from.

(The projects are titled "altered books" and are truly fascinating.)

Marilyn

Marilyn,

You can do anything you want without worrying about copyright - been done by artists since Day One. My fave is Hannah Hoch and of course Romare Beardin's been in the news a lot lately.

http://www.irelantis.com/StephenBull.html
http://www.nga.gov/education/classroom/bearden/methc1.htm

Had to laugh - Google "Hannah Hooch" and you get mostly dog show stuff!

Enjoy your project, Happy Holidays

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.