Re: Gallery Reviews: "Eternity" - how the PHOTO was taken.

At 07:15 AM 12/19/2003 +0000, Tabot et al (T.F.O.R.) wrote:

My understanding - open for debate.

Indeed!

b - Collages:  involve cut and paste.  In the digital world take two
files and clone elements from one on to the other.

... My image this week was not a "collage" / "composite" under any of
the dozen or so on-line / dictionary definitions of the word.

It took thirty seconds to find three "on-line" definitions of the word collage that describe your image with out mention of cut and paste or clone.

 Collage -  Front page Wordweb search
# noun:   any collection of diverse things (Example: "A collage of memories")

Collage -  From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
A collage is the assemblage of different forms, creating a new whole.

Main Entry Wordweb: col·lage
3 : an assembly of diverse fragments

I have examined collage Art work containing differing objects unamenable to cut and paste or clone. One such, simply titled "Collage", consisted of, among other things, a license plate and a fish structure (bone) embedded in thick acrylic. Another, called "Form with Function", was made of vertical columns of differing diameter and color. They supported part of the building.

Dave
East Englewood
Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.