Re: Gallery Reviews: "Eternity" - how the PHOTO was taken.

At 09:37 AM 12/20/2003 +1100, you wrote:
Collage - from the French word for glue - so anything 'pasted' should qualify.

No. That would cover a multitude of things like stamps and wallpaper...

An 'assemblage' would be used to cover things significantly more three-dimensional, surely.

Why? None of the definitions I'm aware of limit an assemblage to three dimensions.

Dave
East Englewood

Nothing to stop you making a collage of stamps or wallpaper. When I was young and dinosaurs roamed the earth it was quite trendy to decorate walls will collages of magazine photographs, cinema posters, etc. Ripped edges were stylish.
Collage would be a 2D subset of assemblage I suppose, included but with its own more precise term. Unless you were considering 4D assemblages, of course - like the universe itself.
AndrewF