Re: Gallery Reviews 12-6-03

At 11:33 AM 12/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:

My opinions for the week ............Another great Gallery.

D.L. Shipman-Charlotte Harbor 2002-...From a short distance, this one looks great. On closer inspection, it sort of looks like the problems I've been having with my programs, slightly blurry and distorted .......

Shyrell

This is the full frame image. No cropping. The resize down from 18MB to less than 30KB in one swell foop generated a lot of artifacts particularly around the outer edges of the sails. I didn't correct all of them before submitting the file to the Gallery. Mea culpa.

I did attempt to imitate an "old time" faded (hi-key) and hypoed (inadequately washed) appearance.

Dave
East Englewood