Off Topic

Hi All,

I tried to use the bulletin board for this, but found it no longer exists.
I'm sorry to hear that.

This is totally off topic, but I just thought it may put a smile on your
faces.   I've been combining writing with my photography, and while musing,
this poem (the word is used loosly) took shape in my mind.   I hope it
offers readers a chuckle.

(Just to share some news, A story I wrote was published in an anthology of
short stories.  I doubt you'll find the book on Amazon - I haven't checked -
but it was a neat project.)   The story is titled The Ancient Messenger and
is in the anthology, Tales of the Green Jackalope.

Forgive this intrusion into the Photoforum list.

Marilyn
----------------
And, Dear Santa, I Blame You

By

Marilyn Dalrymple

Yanking his beard, hard as I could,

I got his attention and got it good.

"I've something to tell you, Man-in-the Red-Suit.

Your beard and ho-ho's are no longer cute.

Listen" I hollered, "I've had all I can take

Of this spend, shop, wrap and mail and cook and bake."

While twisting his arm behind his back, I continued to say,

"Let me explain what you started with your deer, elves and sleigh.

My wallet is empty, my gas tank, too.

And this, my dear Santa, I blame on you."

He was shaking now, a sight I enjoyed.

I could tell by his pout he was greatly annoyed.

Nose to nose, I did loudly implore,

"Sit down, relax. I've still got more."

I could tell by his squirming he wanted to run, but not a chance.

I had a tight hold on his bright red, flannel pants.

"My forehead's on fire and I've got a hunch,

In a minute or two I'll be launching my lunch.

Can I go home, Santa, and let elves work for me?

Do I have time to bounce baby on knee?'

I continued with my diatribe and list of rages.

I had them in order, pages and pages.

"Do I soar in a sled among skies of blue?

Not me, dear Santa, and for this I blame you.

People are cranky, testy and mean.

Please tell me dear Santa, when's the last smile you have seen?"

Tiring now, I was just about done.

(Too bad, I thought, I was just having fun.)

Softening a little, I realized, my anger this man did not cause.

'Twas not this poor old Santa Claus.

"We've lost sight of Christmas," I said with a tear. I know this is true.

It's the fault of us all, though. I can't blame just you."

I sat beside him, ashamed of myself. I had no words left to say.

Then Santa took my hand in his, "Come on, he said, "Let's pray."