Re: OT: What instruments do photographers play? was :what music do photographers listen to?

----- Original Message -----
*From:* Karl Shah-Jenner
Just to deviate evenb further from the may OT topic, how many of this
esteemed group also play instruments? I know there's more than a few..

Well, I'll take this opportunity to answer both questions.  First, I want to comment how diverse we all are collectively, and how diverse our listening tastes are on an individaul basis. I find it interesting. Like Peeter mentioning Gentle Giant. I thought that was a rare one.

I listen to "straight-ahead" jazz (traditional or dixieland, swing, big band, bebop, brazilian), classical, celtic, and old rock. I don't listen to much commercial radio, anymore, because I can't stand being inundated by commercials, so I listen to more jazz, then classical, than anything else these days. The San Francisco Bay Area is blessed to have the only 24-hour, non-commercial, no news, jazz station in the USA, and on the internet.

I really enjoy artists like Sissel and Elizabet Andreasson from Norway, Basia from Poland, James Moody, Tierney Sutton, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, Dick Dale, Leslie Gore, Count Basie.

I also played clarinet and saxophone for a lot of years. I put them in the closet for a while, and they *WILL* come out again. In the meantime, I'm still active in music at my church. Photography and music are in the blood, and can never be forgotten, nor would I want to forget.

Stephen
--
This email was brought to you by GNS2000.COM using http://popmail.gns2000.com