Re: OT: What instruments do photographers play? was :what music do photographers listen to?

My father was a piano teacher. Guess what I was supposed to be doing with life....

Small motor coordination very poor. I batted my head against that for 25 years and finally stopped.

Played English Concertina for my morris team for the three years that it functioned. Gave up morris dancing, gave up concertina.

Sang in choirs and choruses from age 4 until after grad school (at age 4 in my father's piano camp end-of-summer operetta I was a "sister and a cousin and an aunt" and a little cute fairy! What a blast for a little girl).

A few weekends ago the local Lutheran church had an open sing of a Bach cantata. We spent four hours being coached by a visiting English conductor. Then we went out for supper and came back and performed the cantata. Hadn't read music in 8-10 years. Survived.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com