Re: Gallery Review, 11.15.03

>>Oh, once again I'd like to ask if gallery images could be increased in
>>size a bit. After all, monitors are getting bigger and webspace and
>>bandwidth growing. Would it be too much to send 100K files instead of
>>50K ones? Shots like this would really be improved. Heck, all shots
>>would be improved. Just asking...

Jim, you may have noticed that the "rules" are somewhat relaxed and file
sizes slightly in excess of 70Kb have been included in the PF exhibits.
Image sizes are still preferable at no larger than 500 or so pixels in
the longest dimension. Subjects with a great deal of detail, like grain
that Jeff Spirer specializes in (!), tend to run high and those with
smooth areas can be brought in at much smaller file sizes. Bob Talbot
in particular is a whiz at exploiting the last bit (or byte?) out of
every image file!

- on behalf of the exhibits committee,
Andrew Davidhazy for PhotoForum