Re: "perspective item

> The lens in the Nikon is not a thin lens but in the context of the
distance to
> the objects in this case it might as well be. So I guess we don't
disagree. But
> then I am not so sure if we see eye to eye on this matter!   :)

I think the real question refers to the position of the entrance pupil
(?).  OK, for landscapes the difference is small but finite.  The
question is always phrased as absolute though  ;o)   Questions like
this always bugged me because I felt you had to second guess the
examiner: were they checking if you understood or really understood.

> I also have a "pet" situation BTW. This one relates to the ratio of
blur size
> to subject size being fixed at the time of exposure and standing
behind the fact
> that no more detail can be secured out of a image taken at the same
shutter
> speed of objects in motion by decreasing the focal length or
increasing the
> subject distance. Blur being fixed by exposure time.
I fully agree with you on that one.  Indeed, actually (in finite
terms) less information is recorded.   Because film/digital capture
devices are not perfect, the shorter the focal length / further away
you move the less well you record the part of the scene you are
interested in.  The best thing is to be moving at the same speed as
the object: difficult for photographing jet planes from the ground ;o)

> BTW - for some reason my website has been visited by many in the
last few
> minutes. I wonder why that might be and by who!
You just posted a link I seem to remember.  I guess someone has read
it.

Bob