Gallery Review, 11.15.03

On Garden Boats,
I find this to be a little on the very busy side, there are just two, too many subjects.
I don't care for the included balustrade on the building, nor the building itself, nor for what appears to be a surf board.
I can't tell why the photo was ever taken.

Gorge at Dawn
Lauren you mentioned the boat was moving, I don't see a boat, so I take it you were on the boat? If so, that would explain the overall soft feeling I saw, and if indeed it was on board ship, I have to admit it's well done, if I were on board the ship, I'd have been hanging over the rail.
You have a good eye, on board or off.
Thanks for sharing this with me.

Insect
Insect photography has always gotten my attention.
I have never been able to photograph insects without first killing them.
I would be interested in hearing just how the shot evolved, and I really like the soft subtle colors you've shown us.

Happy Family
Goats have proven for me to be very unpredictable, they don't seem to take direction well, nor do they seem to really care.
Some folks were disturbed by the light color in the field, behind the goats, I think it gave the scene both depth and separation.
I think it needs to be filed away with my mountain Billy goat shots, they are difficult to shoot too, you need to be almost adapt at running up and down mountains to get shots of them, and they for sure didn't cooperate with me!

The Firefighter
This is a great stock shot, almost, if the fireman had been in a fire helmet.
Burning in the upper left corner would have helped contain the viewers interest within the overall scene.

Flash on Floor
An interesting setup. I am sorry that the main shadow wasn't offset a little as it coincides with the stool itself, the stool needs a little straightening, a lens setting with more depth of field would have helped too and the inclusion of tripod may have helped with the unsharpened appearance.
One good thing about this is it is still there, go back and re-shoot it again.

Jim's Coot
Birds in motion aren't very cooperative either, dam hard to get in focus, like the way you stopped the water splash though.
I would have liked to have seen a little more room in front of the bird though as its about to run right out of the frame.