Re: Digital is a musing...................damn I crack my self up

> Every article/book I have ever read on digital has told me the same
> thing....
>
> "Don't shoot with the idea of fixing it in PS, get it right when you
do the
> original photo."

Actually this makes good sense at the moment because if the
limitations of current hardware/software.  In 5 years time who knows -
if the dynamic range of digital capture can increase to the state
where 16-bits per channel of meaningful information (or more) can be
resolved then the current dogma will appear as outmoded as the
colloidin process.

With HDR imaging the idea of any image being post-fixable might become
a reality.  A bit like comparing the dynamic range of negatives with
that of slide film if you like.  With slides you absolutely must nail
the exposure: negatives give some latitude.  I downloaded an app
called HDRShop 6 months ago.  Fascinating program. Go to
http://athens.ict.usc.edu/HDRShop/
and read the introduction.

"Floating Point TIFFs ... they should get Karl excited if Adobe
incorporate them as default in PS 9.0 ;o)

> Hey and lets all keep smiling here........
> We're all having fun.....
> Right?

Well, the technical side fascinates me for its own sake.
So yes, it's fun.

Tonight, as an offshoot, I've been writing a little routine to decode
Bayer patterns. Heck, it won't be fast but it's fn working out how to
do it  ;o)

Bob