Re: my new photo site

Alan Zinn <azinn@netbox.com> wrote/replied to:

>I'll have to agree with Jim re fancy players.  It's a pain waiting for a
>site to load and then finding some idiotic sound, a lot of verbiage, some
>silly animation, and artsy intros, before, at long last, a photograph. I
>could sample several straight URL's in that time.  Hadn't thought about the
>firewall problem - thanks for the caution Jim. Of, curse if I had a free
>fast connection instead of a free slooooow connection...

Here's the problem:

Flash and all other plug ins and programs are actually executing on
your machine. There's not telling what an evil hacker or programmer
can do with this sort of thing. Active X, Java, Flash, they all have
the ability to blow you up real good. I'm sick and tired of it.

And for what? A few seconds of, 'oh gee, cool'. Does anyone think that
by having Flash on their site, they'll sell photographs? Don't be
ridiculous. One might sell someone Flash programming, so if that's the
point then great, but photographs stand on their own and need no such
candy wrapping.