Re: my new photo site

Dave Buyens <davepe@tampabay.rr.com> writes:
>   From a photographer's point of view there is a good reason why folks use
> flash for websites.  Unlike normal browsing, where the photos are downloaded
> to the person's computer to display on the client machine, flash only shows
> the resolution needed on the individual computer.

Can you clarify how this is different? A jpg that is 600x400 pixels is,
er, 600x400 pixels. How many pixels is a 600x400 image inside Flash?

> The website file is never copied to the client computer.

Huh?

> If done correctly, Flash will now allow
> right-clicking to save a copy of the photo either.

So fairly obviously, if I want to move an image file from an anonymous
location in the cache to a location I specify, I won't "right-click".
How much more of this moronic nonsense do we have to put up with?

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at:
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/