RE: my new photo site

Dave Buyens <davepe@tampabay.rr.com> wrote/replied to:

>  I'm not singling you out here; yours just happened to be about the 10th
>email I've seen recently that said the same thing.  By the way, anyone that
>has a desire to find information on the photographer's site to evaluate
>prospective business will probably already have the flash player installed.
>Art directors are used to using Flash.
>  From a photographer's point of view there is a good reason why folks use
>flash for websites.  Unlike normal browsing, where the photos are downloaded
>to the person's computer to display on the client machine, flash only shows
>the resolution needed on the individual computer.  The website file is never
>copied to the client computer.  If done correctly, Flash will now allow
>right-clicking to save a copy of the photo either.  So, the visitor to the
>site is much less likely to copy the photo for unauthorized use elsewhere.
>I strongly recommend it to any photographer that has a web site.

I don't see the point. Many ads are in Flash. It's lovely not to see
ads, that's a bonus for me. I've never seen a Flash opening I didn't
want to click through. I don't happen to favour flash galleries
either. Basically, I'm avoiding installing anything I don't need,
that's all. I do notice most savy Flash sites have a choice though of
a non Flash with one click. That's the real answer here.