Re: my new photo site

> Jim,
>   I'm not singling you out here; yours just happened to be about the 10th
> email I've seen recently that said the same thing.  By the way, anyone
that
> has a desire to find information on the photographer's site to evaluate
> prospective business will probably already have the flash player
installed.
> Art directors are used to using Flash.
>   From a photographer's point of view there is a good reason why folks use
> flash for websites.  Unlike normal browsing, where the photos are
downloaded
> to the person's computer to display on the client machine, flash only
shows
> the resolution needed on the individual computer.  The website file is
never
> copied to the client computer.  If done correctly, Flash will now allow
> right-clicking to save a copy of the photo either.  So, the visitor to the
> site is much less likely to copy the photo for unauthorized use elsewhere.
> I strongly recommend it to any photographer that has a web site.
> Dave Buyens

err, it's really not hard to grab the downloaded flash file from the
temporary internet files folder, and even less difficult to extract the
images.  I have all my favourite flash files copied to a directory that I
review whenever I feel like it.

it's no protection at all (and BTW, if you can see it on your computer, you
have downloaded it and it resides there somewhere)