Re: Andrew and the breaking Boule

Andrew,

"Miraculously" the returning condensate, instead of merging with the bulk
material often forms a thin vapor layer between the  two and starts to float
on it. As more and more condensed material is added to the small drop that
started to float the volume gets bigger and bigger, sometimes approaching
50 cc or more, but eventually  the thin vapor layer  separating the two is
compromised and the floating "boule" merges quite rapidly  <<<<<

I would assume surface tension plays a big role. Are these gas laws? And,
have researhers found a practical application?

That image and the other in the same book, plus your last 'technical'
gallery entry has made me realize you focus on (I'm a little slow_grin)
scientific photography. Have you always concentrated your photography in
this field?

Want to sign the book?

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com
"The brave ones were shooting the enemy, the crazy ones were shooting film"