RE: what does it all mean?

Bob Blakely <Bob@Blakely.com> wrote/replied to:

>Frankly, I don't understand your beef, unless you're just another member of
>the "everything man made is evil" crowd, or the "I want to control everyone
>to the point where they only want what I say they should want" crowd.

I'm also, as you may have guessed, a cellphone hater. I don't know
why, I generally love toys myself. Maybe it's just that these little
things endanger my life in so many ways. Not just driving while
talking, but riding bikes, walking without looking, etc. Now I have to
have them waving all over in front of my face where ever I go. And
purpose? Yes, my toys have to have a purpose. They must entertain me.
I don't see the entertainment frankly, beyond it's novelty. On the
train the other day, I the lady beside me was playing Tetris all the
way home for an hour. Woohoo NOT. And to think she might have actually
read an old fashioned book and learned something or had some real
entertainment.

>You're somewhat judge mental, aren't you? Next time I see something that
>looks like it might amuse me, I'll be sure to check with you first to see if
>it's a "valid" thing.

Maybe I'm jst a bit concerned about this 'because we can' attitude
that's frankly ruining the planet and my experience on it. Or maybe I
just don't like other people's toys in my face.

I really feel these cellphones are reducing the quality of everyone's
life these days. I don't know where it will end, but I do know it's
not a good thing. And I agree with Jeff, these devices do have some
great potential and some amazing uses in some situations. But they
don't HAVE to be used all the time.

Maybe in a few years it'll all die down. Or, maybe it'll be much, much
worse. We'll see.

I've always though most amateur photo shooting was a waste of time and
resources. This is just more of that, carried to the extreme.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/
Reply in plain text only please!