RE: what does it all mean?

From: david Stempel FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g

> Is it about just having (I can afford it) a new toy,

Perhaps, for some. So?

> or having toys that are really needed.

May we only have things we need? If it's not really needed, but makes my
life more pleasant, does that make it a toy? Let's say it's a toy. So now,
who is the arbiter of what toys we may have and not have? Who's the mommy?

How many users just use because they can?

Maybe a lot, maybe a few. So? Who decides for another what enriches the
other's life? Who endowed anyone with such power?

> Just because they can is enough to warrant their use?

Since when does an item's use need to be warranted? There are many things we
use everyday whose use cannot be warranted other than it is part of some
individual's pursuit of happiness.

> It's on the store shelf so it must be a valid item?

What the hell does "valid" mean? Who decides this "validity"? What
characteristics must an item have to be "valid"? Who determines what is
"valid" for another's life? Who makes up this wise and royal group who would
decide these things for us?

Here in the US, the FCC, in consultation with other agencies and
astronomers, determine where RF quiet zones are necessary, and for what
frequencies. This is necessary so that designers have an official place to
go to have these areas and frequencies identified. Cellular phones operate
above 800MHz and most new PCS phones operate in the vicinity of 2 GHz. At
these frequencies, Propagation does not extend beyond the radio horizon
(modeled with fair accuracy as though the earth were 4/3's its actual
radius) This means that for us and for radio astronomers, clearing an RF
area around their facilities for several tens of kilometers is not
difficult.

Frankly, I don't understand your beef, unless you're just another member of
the "everything man made is evil" crowd, or the "I want to control everyone
to the point where they only want what I say they should want" crowd.

You're somewhat judge mental, aren't you? Next time I see something that
looks like it might amuse me, I'll be sure to check with you first to see if
it's a "valid" thing.

Not!

Regards,
Bob...