Re: what does it all mean?

Jeff,

I disagree. While quality-wise, they're not particularly good, they have a
lot of value for people who use them.  Disparaging the people using them
has no point.<<<<

But it does have a point, these phones use airwaves commonly known as
freguency bands. These frequencies are not unlimited, but a finite resource.

Two problems have begun, bleeding of signals into other users frequency
allocations and noise.

Greenbank, Virginia is the prime example of what we, as a society should try
to preserve. Quiet space, so we can listen with clear ears, not noise and
interferences from so many electrical and broacasting technologies, but
listen to a pristine silence  rarely experienced by the average person.

For those who don't know, Greenbank listens to the universe, our shuttle
crews and defense. Radio waves are far more capable of traveling large
distances that optical light. More discoveries about us, our world and our
universe have been done through radio rather optical bandwidths. Greenbank
is a place where no electronics are allowed. No cell phones please. They had
to make it a federal law. Asking wasn't good enough.

Is it about just having (I can afford it) a new toy, or having toys that are
really needed. How many users just use because they can? Just because they
can is enough to warrant their use?

It's on the store shelf so it must be a valid item?

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com
"The brave ones were shooting the enemy, the crazy ones were shooting film"