Re: what does it all mean?

At 09:22 AM 10/7/2003 +0900, Jim Davis Nature Photography wrote:

Seriously, how many of those snaps will actually be ever printed or
seen again?

Who cares? They paid to get in the zoo too, they are doing what matters to them. How can anyone else judge that?

Ok, a guys is standing in front of an animal cage waving his cellphone
first left, then right for about 5 minutes. I don't know whether to
ignore him and come up beside him and take my shot, or whether he's
actually doing something.

You can ask, you can ignore him, or you can come back later. Do you set up a tripod? Most people at the zoo seem to think that is getting in their way.

The point is, thousands of these things become very irritatiing after
awhile. I don't mind anyone wanting to take a real photo for their
album, but these things are simply because they can, and because it's
still a novelty. It bugs me that's all.

It's what they want to do. And it can bug you. But that doesn't make what you want any more or less important.

Consider that in most cases the animal will be no more than a couple
of blurry pixels...

Your point? That they should f--- off instead of doing what they want to do?

98% of the photographs taken are snapshots by people who just want to take a photo of something. This was true before pixels and it's true now. At least they're taking photos.

Jeff Spirer Photos: http://www.spirer.com One People: http://www.onepeople.com/ Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com