Re: what does it all mean?

Jeff Spirer <jeff@spirer.com> wrote/replied to:

>I disagree. While quality-wise, they're not particularly good, they have a
>lot of value for people who use them.  Disparaging the people using them
>has no point.

Seriously, how many of those snaps will actually be ever printed or
seen again? I would imagine a very very low number. I question their
value, other than the entertainment value they are getting playing
with their new toys.

>Also, why should it be *their* job to get out of *your* way?  Maybe you can
>arrange a private time at the zoo if you pay enough

Ok, a guys is standing in front of an animal cage waving his cellphone
first left, then right for about 5 minutes. I don't know whether to
ignore him and come up beside him and take my shot, or whether he's
actually doing something.

The point is, thousands of these things become very irritatiing after
awhile. I don't mind anyone wanting to take a real photo for their
album, but these things are simply because they can, and because it's
still a novelty. It bugs me that's all.

Consider that in most cases the animal will be no more than a couple
of blurry pixels...

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/