Re: what does it all mean?

Alan Zinn <azinn@netbox.com> wrote/replied to:

>I ran across this story about mobile phone cameras out-selling digital cameras.
>
>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/pcworld/20030922/tc_pcworld/112576
>
>How does that make this a better world?
>What other appliances need cameras?
>Is there art lurking here?
>Should we begin a PF phone camera gallery?
>
>Somebody, help.... I fell down and can't reach a camera!

I went to the Ueno zoo here in Tokyo sunday. Every time I wanted to
take a photo I had to wait for the cellphones to get the heck out of
the way. People had them out like some kind of religion or something.
I didn't know if they were taking a message, playing a game, checking
email, or waiting for a call. Good grief. And all the photos they took
you can bet are a waste of time. They're crap at the best of times.

There might be some good side effects. If your purse or something is
stolen, chances are someone's got the phone out and can snap a shot of
the thief. I don't know if it will be good enough to identify them but
one can only hope they are good for something.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/
Reply in plain text only please!